Horse Trek to Hagiin Har Lake
Mongolia is probably the only place where horses outnumber people. They were and are the very center of all nomadic existence and have been instrumental in the history and culture of the Mongols. It is thanks to these strong, yet undemanding horses, the armies of Chinggis Khaan conquered half of the known world in the 13th century, and, thanks to them, mongols are still able to roam vast steppes of Inner Asia practically the same way their ancestors lived for millennia. Join us on this trek and find yourself living and riding with the sons of Chinggis himself!
Brief Daily Itinerary
Day 1. Arrival in Ulaanbaatar
Upon arrival, meet your guide and transfer to your hotel. Enjoy a welcome dinner at a fine local restaurant. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2. Gorkhi Terelj National Park
In the morning, we will enjoy some sightseeing in UB and depart for the Gorkhi Terelj National Park.
Day 3-5. Horse trek to Hagiin Har Lake
We will enjoy three ful days horse trekking to the Hagiin Har Lake
Day 6-7. Hagiin Har Lake
We will spend one full day resting at the lake.
Day 8-10. Ulaanbaatar
We will horse trek back to our rendezvous point with our cars and drive back to Ulaanbaatar.
Day 11. Ulaanbaatar / Departure
Depart for our next destination.
- This trip will take place in north eastern part of Mongolia, which has a Siberian type of ecosystems and mountains blanketed with boreal forest.
- Experience riding Mongolian horses which has a smaller body but much sturdier than their cousins elsewhere.
- Hagiin Har Lake is a beautiful fresh water lake located amidst of forested hills, which also offers excellent fishing opportunity.
- Witness Mongolia’s diverse and rich flora and fauna while riding through the wilderness area
- Meet Mongolian nomads and explore their living style.
DATES & PRICING
June 20-July 1, July 20 – June 31; August 20 – 31, 2019
$3,500 per person, twin occupancy
$3,200 per person, twin occupancy
$2,810 per person, twin occupancy
13 and more participants:
$2,625 per person, twin occupancy
$345 per person
ACCOMMODATIONS & TRANSPORTATION
Hotel Ulaanbaatar is conveniently located in downtown Ulaanbaatar and is a well established accommodation with its 20th century characte-ristics and friendly staff. All major attractions of UB are located within walking distance from the hotel.
During the most part of our quest, we will be staying in an expedition style tents with the sleeping bags and mats provided by us. Our chef will prepare hearty meals each evening by a bong fire under the sky full of dazzling stars.