Horse Trekking in the Land of Genghis Khan
This exclusive horseback riding journey takes place in the Gorkhi Terelj National park, one of the most scenic destinations in Mongolia. Our saddles are custom designed to fit Mongolian horses and all necessary riding gears will be provided by us to ensure safety and comfort during the ride. This journey is intended to keep driving distances shorter and travel expenses minimum, in order to allow more travelers enjoy this unique experience.
Brief Daily Itinerary
Day 1. Arrival in Ulaanbaatar
Upon arrival, meet your guide and transfer to your hotel. Enjoy a welcome dinner at a fine local restaurant. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2. Gorkhi Terelj National Park
In the morning, we will enjoy some sightseeing in UB and depart for the Gorkhi Terelj National Park.
Day 3-5. Horse trek in the Gorkhi Terelj Valley
Enjoy riding through rocky mountains green meadows covered with wild flowers and cross rivers and stream. Camp at complete wilderness areas under the shining stars.
Day 6. Ulaanbaatar
We will horse trek back to our rendezvous point with our cars and drive back to Ulaanbaatar.
Day 7. Ulaanbaatar / Departure
Depart for our next destination.
- This trip will take place in north eastern part of Mongolia, which has a Siberian type of ecosystems and mountains blanketed with boreal forest.
- Experience riding Mongolian horses which has a smaller body but much sturdier than their cousins elsewhere.
- Gorkhi Terelj National Park is a beautiful national park covered with larch forest, granite rock hills and criss crossing rivers.
- Witness Mongolia’s diverse and rich flora and fauna while riding through the wilderness area
- Meet Mongolian nomads and explore their living style.
DATES & PRICING
June 20-26, July 20 – 26; August 20 – 26, 2021
$1,630 per person, twin occupancy
$1,275 per person, twin occupancy
$950 per person, twin occupancy
10 and more participants:
$860 per person, twin occupancy
$270 per person
ACCOMMODATIONS & TRANSPORTATION
Hotel Ulaanbaatar is conveniently located in downtown Ulaanbaatar and is a well established accommodation with its 20th century characte-ristics and friendly staff. All major attractions of UB are located within walking distance from the hotel.
During the most part of our quest, we will be staying in an expedition style tents with the sleeping bags and mats provided by us. Our chef will prepare hearty meals each evening by a bong fire under the sky full of dazzling stars.